- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar, separated
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup cold margarine or (1 stick) butter
- 16 OREO Cookies, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Grease a muffin tin or use silicone tin and set aside.
- Wisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl
- In a separate bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk until well blended add butter, oil, yogurt and vanilla until throughly combined.
- Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just blended.
- Gently stir in the cookie pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack, serve warm*
*Recipe and photo courtesy of Dan, http://cakescottage.com/2014/01/05/oreo-muffins/